Thursday, June 17 | 7:00 – 8:30 PM CT
Facilitated by Michael Obsatz
This workshop is for both men and women, and examines the joys and challenges of fatherhood, and how to be a loving Dad and Grandpa in these uncertain times. Matthew Fox, in his book, The Hidden Spirituality of Men, discusses the archetype of Earth Father as part of authentic masculinity.
According to Fox, the central qualities of the Fatherly Heart include:
- Caring for children and the earth
- Being giving and generous — time and presence
- Listening — paying attention
- Looking toward the future
- Supporting and encouraging — giving children courage
- Seeing the big picture
- Playing and showing affection
- Protecting from harmful influences and situations
- Teaching and instructing — providing skills and insights
We will share stories of what we learned from our own fathers, and what we try to teach the children of the world.
Raising emotionally, physically and spiritually healthy sons and daughters is a crucial enterprise in creating a world of peace, love and compassion.
Suggested love offering of $25.00 Click here to make offering.