A Message from Rev. Pat and Staff
Sunday, May 30, 2021
We are excitedly preparing for in-person services at 9:30 and 11:30 AM CT on Sunday, June 6. We realize that our in-person protocols for regathering may feel too restrictive, not restrictive enough, or just right. We honor each person’s prayerful consideration regarding their choice to attend in-person at this time or not.
Our livestream broadcast is an integral part of our community and will continue at 9:30 AM CT on Sunday mornings. We’re blessed to connect via livestream and Zoom if current protocols don’t fit with your comfort level, you prefer the livestream experience, or you’re joining from afar.
These protocols were developed with state and federal guidance and our commitment to your safety:
– We’ll be wearing masks on the Unity bus, inside our building, outside while gathering with others.
– NO physical distancing requirements inside or outside of our building.
– Entry and other doors will be held open and we’ll clean touch points in Sanctuary and commonly used areas between services.
– Hand sanitizer stations will be available at entry doors, Sanctuary doors, and Friendship Hall.
– We’ve missed hugs and yet we encourage you to greet others with a namaste pose, a kind word, or an elbow bump. We’ll have ways to identify your preferences when you arrive.
– Hospitality and Bookstore will not be operating at this time. Friendship Hall, Garden Court and outdoor areas will be open.
– Speakers and vocalists on the platform will not be masked and we’ll keep the two front rows of sanctuary seating open.
– Bulletins with order of service and lyrics will be available self-serve as you enter the Sanctuary.
– Love to sing along to our music? Masked singing will be allowed.
– Our love offering will be received in designated receptacles in the Sanctuary and Garden Court. If you gave digitally last year, we thank you in advance for your continued online giving.
– We’ll refrain from holding hands during Peace Song, but you can raise your hands, place them over your heart, or just sing along.
Youth and Family Ministry Times and online / in-person delivery may be adjusted as we learn from experience.
– Nursery (birth to 3 years) at 11:30 service. Friendship Hall available for families with young children to watch the 9:30 service in a calmer area than the sanctuary. Toys provided for kids.
– Y.E.S. (Pre-K to 5th grade) meet on Zoom at 9AM, and in person at both 9:30 and 11:30 AM in Fillmore Rm
– Uniteens (6th to 8th grade) in-person and Zoom at 11:30 AM.
– Y.O.U. (9th to 12th grade) in-person and Zoom at 11:30 AM.
Your safety remains our priority, please honor yourself and others by not attending in-person if you or someone in your household has recently been exposed to someone with COVID, or if you or anyone in your household is experiencing any COVID-like symptoms. Please join us on livestream.
Rev. Pat Williamson and Unity Staff