A Message from Rev. Pat and Staff
Thursday, August 19, 2021
Unity staff and Board of Trustees continue to monitor the current COVID status in the Twin Cities. The health and safety of staff, volunteers, and congregants continues to be our first priority. Our current protocols are changing effective Sunday, August 22. We’re taking proactive measures now with a desire to continue to gather in-person at Unity Minneapolis.
It is important to join church activities virtually rather than in-person if you are not feeling well. Our 9:30AM livestream is an integral part of our community and we’re blessed to connect via livestream and Zoom.
– We’ll be wearing masks when gathering outside, on the Unity bus and inside our building.
– NO physical distancing requirements inside or outside of our building.
– Entry and other doors will be held open and we’ll clean touch points in Sanctuary and commonly used areas between services.
– Hand sanitizer stations available at entry doors, Sanctuary doors, and Friendship Hall.
– Effective August 22, we’re limiting our greeting name tag options and encourage you to greet others touch-free with a namaste pose or kind words.
– Hospitality will not be operating at this time. Friendship Hall, Garden Court, Bookstore and outdoor areas will be open.
– Speakers and vocalists on the platform will not be masked and we’ll keep the two front rows of sanctuary seating open.
– Bulletins with order of service and lyrics will be available self-serve as you enter the Sanctuary.
– Love to sing along to our music? Masked singing will be allowed.
– Our love offering will be received in designated receptacles in the Sanctuary and Garden Court. If you gave digitally last year, we thank you in advance for your continued online giving.
– We’ll refrain from holding hands during Peace Song, but you can raise your hands, place them over your heart, or just sing along.
Youth and Family Ministry
– Nursery (birth to 3 years) is available at 9:30 and 11:30AM.
– Y.E.S. (Pre-K to 5th grade) meet on Zoom at 9AM, and in person at both 9:30 and 11:30 AM in Fillmore Room.
– Uniteens (6th to 8th grade) in-person and Zoom at 11:30 AM.
– Y.O.U. (9th to 12th grade) in-person and Zoom at 11:30 AM.
Love and blessings,
Rev. Pat Williamson and Unity Staff