Be part of the Unity Minneapolis Kindness Challenge! It’s easy. We’re asking everyone of all ages to intentionally spread kindness to those around us. How many ways can our love ripple out to others in our family, neighborhood, or city? We challenge you to find one or multiple things that you can do for someone else and DO IT.
Then we want to collect and share everybody’s kindness challenge stories! Please “tell us” about your kindness experience or “show us” with a photo(s). We’ll share your photos and stories on social media and our website.
- Email your stories and photos to the church office.
- Upload your Kindness Challenge story or photo(s) directly to our Kindness Challenge Event on Facebook.
- Mail your stories and photos to the church office at:
4000 Golden Valley Road
Golden Valley, MN 55422
Check out our list of 33 kindness ideas or create your own!
- Surprise pay for the car behind you in the drive-thru.
- Create a sunshine box of encouragement.
- Write a thank-you note and deliver it with some candy.
- Make a meal for a family with a newborn.
- Send a random text of encouragement to one of your contacts.
- Post an encouraging message on your social media status.
- Give hugs freely.
- Cut grass for an elderly neighbor.
- Leave a positive post-it note on your coworker’s computer.
- Leave some candy on the copy machine at the office.
- Say thank you more than once.
- Take the neighbor’s trash cans off the curb and place near their home.
- Take time to listen intently.
- Bake cookies and share them with a neighbor.
- Pick 5 people and leave an encouraging comment on their Facebook wall.
- Pack small necessity bags and keep them in your vehicle for the homeless.
- Keep your cell phone in your pocket when someone is talking to you.
- Loan a book to your friend when she lost the last one she borrowed.
- Pray for someone when they request prayer- right on the spot!
- Take a flower to a neighbor.
- Take a selfie with the “I Love You” sign and send it to your loved one.
- Write a letter to someone who has made a difference in your life. (minister, teacher, friend, sibling, etc.)
- Allow the person behind you to go first.
- Call the oldest living relatives you have.
- Make two lunches and give one away.
- Place all the shopping carts in the parking lot into the store storage.
- Tip the grocery bagger.
- Promise someone that you will pray for them and let them know you did.
- Write a note and send it in the mail.
- Send an encouraging e-card.
- See a need and fill it.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Give away your favorite book.