Have you heard the news? We have exciting strategic planning updates. Three core intentions emerged as priorities in our strategic planning surveys and conversations:
- Spiritual Transformation: We are a globally recognized center for spiritual growth and transformation.
- Conscious Connections: We consciously create connections that celebrate authentic relationships in the world.
- Organizational Excellence: We are a flagship ministry that demonstrates excellence in our leadership, technology, and facilities.
Want Can You Do?
The Board of Trustees chose four major areas for 2018:
- Facilities and Accessibility
- Marketing/Sharing Our Message
- Youth &Families
Your voice is important! Please help us make Unity Minneapolis an even better community. Share your comments via email to email@example.com.
Facilities & Accessibility
The Strategic Team reviewed the information provided by congregants in 2016 to better understand our facility and accessibility goals. We also looked at past data about our building and our location.
The team invited four architectural firms to share how they might help us choose “Renovate or Relocate” to achieve our goals.
The team connected with other Unity strategic teams to ensure that the overall plan for Facilities and Accessibility supports the other strategic goals.
NEXT STEPS: Choose an architect to help us lead “Renovate or Relocate” discussions and decisions within our spiritual community.
Technology team considered three areas of focus: our current tech capabilities, maintenance and security of our technology, and new tech opportunities to further enable Unity Minneapolis’ vision and mission.
The #1 tech issue in our building was inconsistent Wi-Fi – a new mesh wireless network has been installed for better Wi-Fi access in our building. An assessment of our current technology will be completed by December, 2018.
Recommend hiring professional IT support to protect and maintain our technology.
NEXT STEPS: Develop longer term technology strategy for making the Unity experience available to more people.
Marketing/Sharing Our Message
This isn’t advertising but about appealing to people ready for spiritual change. The focus of the marketing team has been to identify groups of people that would be attracted to and benefit from Unity’s empowering message. Finding and attracting new attendees and members to our spiritual home and community furthers our mission of transforming lives and in turn, enriches us through additional and diverse voices, ages, talents and participation.
We defined two audience segments to pursue for Unity’s message:
- People in Passage: adults and families experiencing change due to birth, death, divorce, aging, employment, etc.
- People under 40: adults and families
NEXT STEPS: Partner with a professional marketing consultant to help with our message and outreach.
Youth & Families
The focus areas for this team were conscious connections, family commitment, and dynamic opportunities for spiritual learning and growth.
Based on our new Youth and Family vision, we introduced these new opportunities in 2018: Bringing Unity Home activities, Parents-only Fall Book Study with childcare provided, Family Matters Workshop for parents, and All Together Now Service.
You can help! Youth and Family Ministry is seeking volunteers to guide the ongoing evolution of these eight initiatives:
- Youth Involved in Sunday Service
- Inclusive Family Friendly Events & Retreats
- Parents Helped to Build a Spiritual Home
- Passionate, Responsible & Engaged Parents
- Relevant Connected Curricula
- Vibrant & Effective Volunteers
- Flexible & Inviting Spaces
- Passionate, Resilient & Active Youth